ALNS runs relaxed and friendly numeracy classes. Numeracy involves the language of maths as well as processes like adding up, etc. Developing your skills doesn’t have to be boring or find you pushed to learn things too fast. There’s often more than one way to approach maths and the language it uses can first cause problems.
Our first step into your numeracy journey involves understanding what and how you want to learn. Sessions can involve maths from “A to Z” or more specific topics. We initially meet to discuss your objectives, needs and how you’d like to approach things.
For study, work or general interest, ALNS’ numeracy classes can include:
- learning specific mathematical tasks (e.g. adding up, measuring, working with fractions)
- decoding the language of maths
- developing rounding and estimating abilities
- building mental arithmetic skills
- measuring things
- using calculators
- reading/understanding technical diagrams (e.g. site maps, tables, charts)
- using digital apps and other equipment
- financial literacy
- using spread sheets
- data analysis and reporting in MS Excel
- graphing and charts in MS Excel
To explore ALNS’ numeracy classes for adults, email email@example.com or call 0413 525 114.