ALNS runs relaxed and friendly numeracy classes for adults. Numeracy involves the language of maths as well as learning how to add up, etc. Developing your skills doesn’t have to be boring or stressful, or find you pushed to learn things too fast. There’s always more than one way to learn maths and it’s often the language that creates the problem.
Our first step into your numeracy journey involves understanding what and how you want to learn. Sessions can involve learning maths from “A to Z” or a more specific range. Initially, we meet to discuss your objectives, needs and how you’d like to approach things.
For study, work or general interest, ALNS’ numeracy classes for adults can include:
- learning specific mathematical tasks (e.g. adding up, working with fractions)
- decoding the language of maths
- developing rounding and estimating abilities
- financial literacy
- measuring things
- building mental arithmetic skills
- using calculators & similar devices
- using spread sheets
- data analysis and reporting in MS Excel
- graphing and charts in MS Excel
To explore ALNS’ numeracy classes for adults, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0413 525 114.