ALNS runs relaxed and friendly numeracy classes for adults. Numeracy involves the language of maths as well as learning how to perform mathematical functions. Developing your skills doesn’t have to be boring, stressful or see you back in a classroom. There’s more than one way to learn maths and, often, it’s the language that creates the problem. The first step is to understand what and how you want to learn.
Numeracy classes for adults can involve learning maths from “A to Z” or a specific range of subjects. Before starting, we meet to discuss your needs, learning goals and how you’d like to approach things.
For study, work or general interest, ALNS’ numeracy classes for adults can include:
- learning specific mathematical tasks (e.g. calculating things, working with fractions)
- decoding the language of maths
- developing your rounding and estimating abilities
- financial literacy
- measuring things
- building your mental arithmetic skills
- using calculators & similar devices
- using spread sheets
- data analysis and reporting in MS Excel
- graphing and charts in MS Excel
To explore ALNS’ numeracy classes for adults, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0413 525 114.