Doing business in English can involve learning literacy & numeracy skills for work. Each industry, if not job description, has its own processes, language and jargon. Entering a new area, we can need to learn new ways of speaking, writing or working with others. With nearly 30 years’ experience in marketing, strategy, administration and self-employment, ALNS can help. You can achieve your career goals – as a job seeker, student, employee, manager or business owner.
Having made the commitment to learn vocationally, it’s usually ‘just’ a matter of doing the work. Sessions in literacy & numeracy for work are best when based upon real tasks. All of your learning is tailored to your specific industry and job requirements. For this reason, we focus upon what you actually need help with.
In 2018, we started working with organisations to enhance employees’ literacy and numeracy skills for work. Through this, 2019 has seen ALNS moving into distance (i.e. online) mentoring. If you’ve not been able to find help in your area, get in contact using the details below. You can also call the Reading Writing Hotline to try to locate a service provider near you.
Developing literacy & numeracy skills for work can involve reading and understanding documents; creating texts (like emails); learning procedures; mastering computers and/or computer programs; and more. By working with “real life” scenarios, your learning is reinforced.
The following are some areas ALNS helps adults develop their literacy & numeracy skills for work:
- job seeking
- resumes & cover letters
- interview preparation & practice
- business English skills (reading, speaking, writing, industry jargon, Australian slang)
- business numeracy (maths and the language involved)
- computer skills (logging on, using programs, developing websites)
- MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- website development & maintenance (using WordPress)
- establishing a search engine presence
- strategic thinking & planning
- writing business & marketing plans
- writing & delivering speeches and presentations
- developing marketing & advertising messages
- administration skills (including filing systems & asset registers)
- business process development & review
- developing business stationery
- completing business forms
To develop your literacy & numeracy skills for work, please contact Fran on 0413 525 114 or via firstname.lastname@example.org