Adult Literacy & Numeracy Services provides literacy & numeracy classes for English-speakers. Its personalised, relaxed, face-to-face sessions can assist anyone of any age achieve their goals. Your current skills or school experiences needn’t stop you from achieving your dreams. We’re all always learning, all of the time!
Literacy & numeracy classes for English-speakers can address all sorts of things. Some people want to learn for personal reasons; others, to assist friends or family. A learner might need to master new technology or, perhaps, something for work. Some seek to master everyday tasks – e.g. completing forms, using machines, getting a licence. Others can require help with their studies – before or after their course starts. It doesn’t matter why you want to learn; ALNS can help.
The list below will give you an idea of how ALNS can help English-speakers:
- reading (books, papers, forms, etc)
- writing (letters, completing forms, websites, etc)
- pronouncing words
- English grammar
- expanding your vocabulary
- study skills (see the Help Studying page)
- numeracy (i.e. the language of maths as well as the tasks)
- computer skills (from logging on to website development)
- digital skills (phones, tablets, iPads)
- using everyday technology (e.g. machines, credit cards, calculators)
To enquire, email Fran at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0413 525 114.