Any learning can be stretching because we’re developing our awareness. Sometimes, we can need a hand in becoming familiar with a course’s requirements. This can involve developing your approach to study; learning how to research; planning or completing assessments. People often find the course they’re doing has its own language as well.
ALNS helps people learn how to study, prepare for and apply for their chosen job or qualification. Fran has studied at Certificate, Degree and Post-Graduate levels, as well as vocationally. This helps her guide students with empathy. Whether you are new to English or not, ALNS offers the following support:
- academic English (reading, writing, speaking, comprehension)
- numeracy skills (maths & the language it uses)
- preparing for entry exams and psychometric tests
- study skills (getting organised, note-taking, revising lessons, preparing or completing assessments)
- research skills (library & online)
- assignments (preparing to write, meeting assessment criteria, formatting, proof-reading)
- using academic vs formal vs informal English
- exam/test preparation
- referencing skills
- computer skills
- planning, preparing and delivering presentations
- word processing in MS Word
- spread-sheeting in MS Excel
- database development in MS Access
- presentations in MS PowerPoint
As well as being a qualified teacher, Fran has studied (and worked in) administration, strategic marketing, sales, intuitive work and personal development. This makes her pretty versatile in how and what she can help you.
To discover how ALNS could help you, please call/sms 0413 525 114 or email email@example.com.