Numeracy involves the language of maths as well as learning how to perform mathematical functions. Developing numeracy skills doesn’t have to be boring, stressful or see you back in a classroom. There’s more than one way to learn maths and, often, it’s the language that creates the problem. The first step is to understand what and how you want to learn.
Adult Literacy & Numeracy Services can teach you maths from “A to Z” or help you understand particular subjects. Before you start, you meet with Fran to discuss your needs, learning goals and how you’d like to approach things.
For study, work or general interest, ALNS’ numeracy sessions can include:
- learning specific mathematical skills
- decoding the language of maths
- developing your rounding and estimating abilities
- financial literacy
- measuring things
- building your mental arithmetic skills
- using calculators & other devices
- using spread sheets
- data analysis and reporting in MS Excel
- graphing and charts in MS Excel
To explore your own program, email below or call 0413 525 114.