Adult Literacy & Numeracy Services offers classes in literacy & numeracy for English-speaking school-leavers and adults. Its personalised, face-to-face sessions can assist anyone of any age or background achieve their goals. Your current skills or school experiences needn’t stop you from achieving your dreams. We’re all always learning, all of the time! Get in contact if you’d like assistance.
Some people want to develop for personal reasons; others, to assist friends or family. Some individuals need to master a new technology; others have to learn for work. Some seek to master everyday tasks – e.g. completing forms, using machines, obtaining a licence. Others require help with studies…. it doesn’t matter why you want to learn; ALNS can help.
If you speak English already, ALNS can help in the following areas:
- reading (books, papers, forms, etc)
- writing (letters, completing forms, websites, etc)
- English grammar
- expanding your vocabulary
- study skills (see the Help Studying page)
- numeracy (i.e. maths and the language it uses)
- computer skills (from logging on to website development)
- using everyday technology (e.g. machines, credit cards, calculators)
To enquire, email Fran below or call 0413 525 114.