Doing business in English can require people to learn new ways of speaking, writing or working with others. With nearly 30 years’ experience in marketing, strategy, administration and self-employment, Fran helps people learn new literacy & numeracy skills for work. You can achieve your career goals – as a job seeker, student, employee or business owner.
Having made the commitment to learn vocationally, it’s usually ‘just’ a matter of doing the work. Business L&N sessions are best when they’re based upon real tasks. For this reason, Fran encourages business L&N students to bring the work they need help with. Developing literacy & numeracy skills for work can involve reading through documents; creating texts (like emails); learning procedures; mastering a new technology; and more. By working with “real life” scenarios, learning is reinforced. Developing your literacy & numeracy skills for work could be easier than you first thought!
The following are some of the areas ALNS can help you with:
- job seeking
- resumes & cover letters
- interview preparation & practice
- business English skills (reading, speaking, writing, industry jargon, Australian slang)
- business numeracy (maths and the language involved)
- computer skills (logging on, using programs, developing websites)
- MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- website development & maintenance (using WordPress)
- establishing a search engine presence
- strategic thinking & planning
- writing business & marketing plans
- writing & delivering speeches and presentations
- developing marketing & advertising messages
- administration skills (including filing systems & asset registers)
- business process development & review
- developing business stationery
- completing business forms
All of the above can be tailored to your specific business and industry.
Please contact Fran to learn how she can help – on 0413 525 114 – or use this form: